Tuesday, April 9, 2013
I was looking for a cookie recipe which is tasty as well healthy, I came across this recipe on SensibleVeg
- Almond Meal 1 cup
- Chick pea flour (Besan) 1/2 cup
- Agave Nectar (1/2 cup)
- Vegan butter (1/4 tsp)
- Vanilla Essence (1/4 tsp)
- Baking Soda 1 pinch
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Sliced Almonds (for garnishing)
- Mix Almond meal, Chick pea flour, Vanilla Essence, Salt.
- then mix melted butter, agave nectar in mixture and make smooth dough.
- Make 12 Small Balls
- Preheat oven at 350 degree Fahrehiet.
- Place the cookie dough balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- take out and store in airtight box for a week.
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Lentil Dumplings (Dahi Bhalle) is a popular street Food in India. Its a tasty treat for every age and healthy food. I have many childhood memories related to Indian street food. New North India its named as "Chaat", a treat colorful spicy treat! Dahi Bhalla is treetaed is king of "Chaat" :)
- Urad Daal/White Lentil (1 Cup) (Soaked 4-5 hours)
- Salt (preferably Rock Salt, you can use table salt if not available), to taste
- Green Chili , 2
- Ginger , 1 inch piece.
- Oil for Deep Frying
For Yogurt Sauce:
- Well beaten plain Yogurt (1 Cup) , Use Vegan Yogurt , or skip Yogurt for Vegan Version
- Rock Salt
- Powdered roasted cumin
- Chaat Masala (Skip for GF version)
- Red Chilli Powder
- Green sauce (Mint & Coriander Sauce)
- Tamrind Sauce (Skip for GF version)
- Grind Lentil with very less water, add chili, salt and Ginger to grinder and grind one more time.
- Deep fry Dumplings by adding the lentil mixture in a wok and take out when dumplings turn brown in a paper towel.
- Make all dumplings in batches of 5-6 at one time.
- Boil water in a seperate vessel and add some salt to it, switch off the burner.
- drop fried dumplings in boiled water and cover and let sit for at least 30 min.
- Now squeeze water out of dumplings, place 4-5 dumplings in a bowl.
- Top with 3-4 tbsp yougurt, add sauces per taste.
- Sprinkle chaat masala, cumin poder, chilli powder, salt and serve immediately.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Sprouted Sunflower Seeds, Quiona with Parsley
I have been using Sprouted Sunflower seeds in lot of my recipies these days, they really tasty and full of proteins.
1/2 Cup Sprouted Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Quiona
1 Cup Parsley (Chopped)
Salt (per taste)
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tsp Olive Oil
2 Cup Water (or Veg Broth)
Heat up pan and put oil and let it heat up a bit. Pour Cumin seeds and let the seeds spatter.
Add Qunioa and toast a bit. Then add 2 cup water or Broth and cover and let it cook for 5 minutes. Add Sunflower seeds, Parsley, Salt, Pepper and let cook for another 2-3 min. Cook until Qunioa is nicely cooked. Switch off the gas and serve topped with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Besan (Chick Pea flour) - 1 Cup
- Water 3/4 Cup
- Green Chilli , 2 , chopped finely
- Ginger - grated
- salt - per taste
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Istant fruit salt - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chilli - 2 - Slitted
- Water -1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 Strands
- Green Corriander leaves
- Mix Flour, Water in a big bowl properly.
- Add salt, lemon juice, Grated chilli, ginger, sugar ,oil in the mixture
- In steamer add water and prepare a flat bowl by greasing throughly.
- once ready mix instand salt in mixture and pour in the Greased bowl. and steam for 15-17 minutes.
- prepare tempering in separate pan, by heating oil in a pan, add mustard and sesame seeds. Let them splutter. then add slitted green chilli, curry leaves . after 2 min add water and let mixture to boil.
- cut Steamed dhokla and pour tempering mixture. Top with Green corrionder leaves.
- Serve with Green Mint Sauce.